WANT TO HELP GIVE SMALL BUSINESSES AN EDGE?
Join Our Team!
Are you our next Marketing Specialist?
As a growing agency, we're considering a lot of new roles within St. Louis Marketing Department and one of them may even have your name on it!
If you have a passion for working closely with clients and transforming their goals into actionable, repeatable strategies that get results, let's chat.
See job description below and then fill out this career form for next steps.
We'd Love to Meet You!
The Best Parts of Working at STLMD
- Work From Anywhere
- Pet Friendly (no snakes)
- Bourbon Friendly
- Make Your Own Hours
- HubSpot Partner
- Mack the Dog (loyal coworker)
- Pause Work for STL Sports
- Unprovoked Karaoke Battles
- Awesome Clients (no snakes)
NOW HIRING FOR FULL-TIME CONTRACT ROLE
St. Louis Marketing Department is excited to add some new teammates to our growing agency. If you're interested in a flexible work environment with a salary that rises with our client count, let us know!
Hit the ground running as a HubSpot and digital marketing enthusiast who manages client accounts, creates content, stays organized and works within HubSpot portals and other vendor tools to deliver strategy and business results every month.
- Develop, implement and track marketing strategies for existing clients and STLMD.
- Create, edit and publish blogs and scheduling associated social-media messages for existing clients and STLMD.
- Create content as needed for the client (web pages, emails, workflows etc).
- Track all content delivery and report metrics to clients, optimizing where necessary.
- Manage Marketing Automation for existing clients in HubSpot (Workflows).
- Keep clear lines of communication open between STLMD and clients with regular weekly video calls and emails.
- Complete tasks accurately and independently.
- Train and remain up-to-date in digital marketing trends and HubSpot updates.
- Manage freelancer relationships and projects through to completion.
- Recognize up-sell opportunities for existing clients.
- Conduct market research and analyze trends to identify new marketing opportunities.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong prioritization, organization and project management skills with the ability to adjust and prioritize on the fly.
- Skilled in writing and editing content with an attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with knowledge of SEO.
- The drive to learn quickly and expand responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to brainstorm solutions and work independently as well as with a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or related experience preferred.
- 2+ years hands-on experience managing online/digital advertising campaigns.
- Proficiency in Wordpress, HubSpot, Canva, and Google-Suite necessary.
- HubSpot experience and certifications preferred.
- Google Ads and Social Ads management experience is preferred, but not required.
- Based in St. Louis is ideal, but not required.
To start, this full-time contractor role will pay $60,000 depending on experience. The role is designed to grow with the ideal candidate and their capabilities and can lead to full-time employment. Compensation is additionally incentivized on client retention and bonuses.
THE ELEVATOR PITCH: STL Marketing Department is designed for small businesses in need of an outsourced marketing team to drive growth. We can either bolt onto your team or become your team. We leverage SEO and content marketing strategies across your website, blog, email marketing, social media and more to make a big impact on your digital marketing efforts.
WHO WE ARE: We’re a lean, agile team of experts and contractors who count on each other every day to place integrity over profits, communicate often and deliver more value than expected to clients. We work from anywhere, make our own hours and never settle for ordinary when delivering strategy and solutions designed around our clients’ business goals. This role would be the right hand man or woman to the founder, Peter Cartier, as he seeks to expand the agency and its ability to grow client success faster in order to drive change locally and beyond.
COMPANY PERKS: While we can’t offer you a foosball table, free lunch or onsite childcare, we can deliver the pay, bonuses and freedom necessary to do (and afford) what you love outside of your work. This agency was built to actually follow through on work/life balance - not just use it as a buzzword. This is a WFH position that will typically require 30-40 hours of your time per week. We don’t track vacation days - we just work together to make sure the work and the clients are covered. Finally, you won’t be a cog in the machine, but rather a leading contributor who is connected to the success of the company.